Terms of Service
When you use our services or book for services through our site, www.liftbody.ca, you agree to these terms as an agreement between 726807 Alberta Ltd O/A LiftBody ("we" or "us") and you, as they may be amended from time-to-time. You should read all the terms before booking and using our services.
"Personal Services" means any of the services that we offer in our clinic from time to time, for enhancing, preserving or altering skin, hair, nails or teeth, or other parts of the body.
"you” and "your" refer to customers using our Personal Services.
2. Booking: Thanks for booking with us! When you book an appointment, you will be expected to review all materials in advance of your appointment, assess the relevant contraindications, and attend on time for the Personal Services that you have chosen. By booking, you promise you accept the risks, and confirm that nothing in your health profile or history constitutes a contraindication
3. Fees: You will be responsible to pay the fees, plus applicable tax, when you attend for Personal Services, as detailed in the applicable invoice issued by us. Late or no-show fees may be assessed for missed appointments.
4. Important Information About Personal Services: The health and safety of our customers is our paramount concern. You must assess the Personal Services that are available and decide if those services are suitable for you. Our Personal Services are non-invasive therapies but may involve the following (as we add or remove services): molding cups, applying suction, vacuum therapy, cryotherapy, lymphatic massage, ultrasonic therapy, laser lipolysis, puncturing, cutting, shaving, exfoliating, applying pressure, inserting, implanting, attaching or removing objects, using energy-emitting equipment, removing, styling, applying or injecting cosmetic products, depending on the specific services available at our clinic and chosen by you.
IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU REVIEW ALL RISK FACTORS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS, AND ADVISE OUR STAFF ABOUT ANY RISK FACTORS OR CONTRAINDICATIONS RELEVANT TO YOU. YOU SHOULD NOT USE THE PERSONAL SERVICES IF CONTRAINDICATED. We may refuse service based on any such risk factors or contraindications.
Although our personnel and technicians are trained and observe our safety policies and all applicable regulations, the Personal Services we provide are not a substitute for the advice of a qualified physician for any medical or health condition, and you are advised to seek advice from health care professional for any medical or health condition, if applicable.
5. Acceptable Conduct: We respect our customers and clients, and expect that you will abide by our acceptable conduct policies towards our staff. We do not tolerate any verbal, physical abuse or aggressions towards our staff and technicians, and will refuse service to anyone who does not comply with our acceptable conduct policies.
6. Assumptions of Risks and Responsibilities: You acknowledge that the use of Personal Services involves inherent risks, dangers and hazards for you. You understand and agree to assume these risks that may result in personal injury, complications, risks, and losses, which may include, but are not limited to the following:
Skin damage, or rarely permanent scarring
Circular skin burns possibility up to third degree burns
Other risks as may be listed in our materials or communicated by our staff
7. Privacy & Personal Data: We will collect certain personal information from you for the purpose of providing the Personal Services to you. Our personal information handling practices are governed by our Privacy Notice. By agreeing to the terms of this agreement, you agree to be bound by our Privacy Notice. We take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information according to strict industry standards.
8. General Disclaimers: While we comply with all applicable training and regulations applicable to our industry, we do not provide any guarantee or warranty with respect to the Personal Services, or a guarantee of any specific results. We expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with our Personal Services.
9. Release & Waiver: In consideration of the provision of the Personal Services, and for other good and valuable consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, you voluntarily and irrevocably agree to personally assume all risks and responsibility associated with your use of the Personal Services, and any personal injury, complications, risks, damages, losses or expenses arising therefrom. You, for yourself and for your heirs, next of kin, executors, administrators, assigns and personal representatives, hereby release and forever discharge us as the service provider, and our directors, officers, agents, employees, representatives, licensees, affiliates, successors and assigns of and from all liability, and waive all actions, claims or suits of whatever kind or nature either in law or in equity (including negligence, breach of representation, warranty or condition, breach of contract, or breach of statutory or other duty of care), arising from or by reason of any personal injury, complication, damage, risks, damages, losses or expenses resulting from the Personal Services, or your presence at any of our clinic location(s).'
YOU AGREE TO ASSUME AND ACCEPT ALL RISKS OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER ARISING OUT OF, ASSOCIATED WITH OR RELATED TO THE PERSONAL SERVICES, AND ANY MEDICAL ASSISTANCE THAT WE, AS THE SERVICE PROVIDER, MAY DEEM NECESSARY FOR YOUR HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE COURSE OF THE PERSONAL SERVICES.
10. Limitation of Liability: Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this agreement, our aggregate liability (and our directors, officers, agents, employees, representatives, licensees, successors and assigns arising out of, from or during the Personal Services, or your presence at the clinic location(s), will be limited to the amount paid by you for the Personal Services. As the service provider we will not be liable to you for any indirect, consequential, special, punitive or exemplary damages whatsoever arising out of, from or during the Personal Services, or your presence at any clinic location(s).
11. Jurisdiction & Applicable Law: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Alberta, Canada and the federal laws applicable therein. In the event of any dispute arising under this agreement, you agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts in the Province of Alberta, Canada.
12. Linked Sites: Links available on our sites may link to third-party websites not maintained or controlled by us and we provide these links for your convenience, and we are not responsible for the contents of any linked site.
13. Changes: Changes to this agreement may be made from time to time by us, and the modified form of the agreement will take effect after posting on our site(s). Continued use of the Personal Services after the effective date will indicate your acceptance of the amended terms. No
amendment shall apply to any dispute of which we had actual notice on the date of amendment, or to any dispute which arose prior to the date of amendment.
14. Survival: All terms which require performance by the parties after the expiry or termination of this agreement, will remain in force despite this agreement's expiry or termination for any reason. The following terms shall survive the termination of this agreement: sections 6, 8, 9, 10 and 11.
15. Miscellaneous: This agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you with respect to your use of the Personal Services. Any failure by us to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right. If any of the terms and conditions of this agreement are determined to be void, invalid or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such determination shall not affect the remaining provisions. This agreement may be agreed to by electronic acceptance.